- The update subscription covers updates of BrainVoyager 2000 for Windows and BrainVoyager QX for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux in a period of 1 year.
- The update subscription includes the exchange of Softkeys / Sentinel Dongles / Hardlocks against HASP key (single user or network) devices.
- New programs and major program updates will be sent on a new Setup CD.
All HASP key users obtain the web download option for getting new program
- The new cross platform authorization HASP key was introduced with BV v4.6. This authorization device will replace the BV Sentinel dongle and the BV Hardlock and is the only hardware licensing system for BrainVoyager QX.
- The HASP key contains the license type (programs, modules) and update information.
- Every HASP key has its unique code. Based on this code the HASP can be programmed remotely.
- HASP keys are programmed with version information at the time point of purchase. If you purchase BrainVoyager v4.8, for example, you can download from the web all updates until version v5.7. The key will, however, refuse later program releases, i.e. v5.8 and above. The key will inform you when your subscription has expired. The HASP key can be updated remotely after updating your subscription.
- The HASP key is available as a single user license (HASP4 M1) or a floating network license (HASP4 NET) for parallel (LPT) and USB port.
- The HASP key provides cross-platform authorization in combination with BrainVoyager QX: LPT HASP4 M1 for Windows and Linux on PC; USB HASP4 M1 for Windows, Linux on PC and Mac OS X; LPT/USB HASP NET for Windows NT/2000/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux machines. A single HASP NET key can serve a heterogeneous network of Windows, Linux and Mac OS X client machines.
HASP key cannot be used with BranVoyager releases prior to v4.6. (If you need to
use a former version, please contact support for a solution.)
- Sentinel Dongle/ Hardlock/ Softkey exchange against single HASP key is free within the period of a valid update subscription (12 months after purchase date or related to your specific update contract with Brain Innovation). Further information about the update period can be requested at sales@BrainVoyager.com.
- Any exchange request of LPT HASP4 M1 key against USB HASP4 M1 key and vice versa is free in a period of 90 days. Any exchange to HASP NET is possible against extra-charge for this specific device.
- The exchange of broken HASP keys is possible against extra-charge for this specific device. The broken HASP key has to be sent first. Ask for the trial version with temporal soft-key to bridge the exchange period (available only for Windows OS).
- Any exchange from the cross-platform BV QX for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X to the BV QX for UNIX license protected by a specific soft-key is free of charge in a valid update subscription period. This is not a cross-platform decision like the HASP key offers. You have to make a final decision for the BV QX license for a specific UNIX system (i.e. Sun Solaris).
- Any purchased license extension (i.e. adding a program module) extends automatically your update subscription for this license for another year.